Site Reliability Engineer
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Client Infrastructure team. We are in an exciting time as we transition our game-changing legal software to a highly scalable container-based platform, from the existing Infrastructure-as-Code AWS implementation.
In the short term, your immediate focus will be support of the existing product and the infrastructure that drives it. Over the next 12 months we'll be moving to the new environment which will mean you get to engineer and support a highly scalable container-based platform, deployed to AWS, across multiple regions.
Working in the Client Infrastructure team you would ensure the success of our product. You would also act as an escalation point for high severity incidents for other AWS infrastructure issues, as well as a point of contact for customer technical teams to make queries in relation to engineering/infrastructure best practices for using the Opus 2 software on-premise.
- Underpinning of Linux (RHEL or Debian-base) administrations, LPIC / RHCSA certification preferred
- Good BASH scripting skills.
- Application and infrastructure networking skills - Subnetting, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.
- Amazon Web Services - SolArch Associate or higher certification preferred, equivalent knowledge proven is sufficient.
- Working knowledge with Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Vault, Consul - AWS preferred, Azure / GCP.
- Worked in a software engineering environment previously / familiar with release and deployment, versioning, change mgmt., etc. processes.
- Experience with cost optimisation/reservations on AWS.
- GIT version control in-depth experience, preferred experience with Github Enterprise Server.
- Puppet 3+ working experience (engineering modules, supporting deployments, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience with HA AWS setups, multi-region or multi-cloud.
- 2+ years’ experience with container administration (K8S, Docker, Swarm, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience in SysOps roles (monitoring, alerting, backup & recovery, DR-testing, etc.).
- Good knowledge of Python 3+ / Ruby / Go or any OO scripting language (for automation and config. mgmt.).
- Understanding of Continous Deployment tools.
- Good working knowledge with Continous Integration tools (above or others, such as Circle, etc.).
- GitHub Cloud experience and GitHub Actions / Packages knowledge.
- Jenkins / DroneCI working experience.
- Experience with on-premise storage and networking concepts and devices (for escalation guidance).
- Experience with SMB / NFS mounted file systems on Linux (with or without KRB5).
- Experience with ETL processing and high throughput file conversion processing.
- Experience with PHP / Java 11 (Spring boot) code.
- Kubernetes - Familiarity required, CKA/CKD certification preferred.
- Container technologies Docker/Containers - 2+ years’ experience required.
- Hashicorp Terraform Cloud / Enterprise experience (wrote modules, maintenance of TFC environments).
- Hashicorp Vault or similar HSM experience.
- Our ideal candidate is organised, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage your own time effectively.
- Should be able to adapt to resolve issues under pressure.
- Familiar with Scrum / Agile methodologies is a bonus, but you will have previously worked in a fast-paced engineering role. At Opus 2 We always strive for excellence, and it is important that you do too.
Working at Opus 2
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- Contributory pension plan
- 26 days annual holidays, flexible working and length of service entitlement
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Calm and Mindfulness sessions
- Perkbox scheme
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity and an active CSR team raising money towards a company charity.
- Accessible and modern office spaces fully kitted out with Table Tennis Regular company social events.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs