Kubernetes Infrastructure Engineer
Kalles Group Overview
Securing the future for all- this is our vision.
Companies big and small thrive when data is secure, organized, and accessible because they are better able to manage risk and opportunity. Our purpose is to secure the future for businesses.
That's why we provide cybersecurity services to startups, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies because everyone deserves to be secure.
Kalles Group is delivering organizational and technology change while bringing security to all.
What you’ll do
The Kubernetes Infrastructure Engineer will be part of the Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Platform Team for our global retail client. The goal is to improve operational automation for software and provide a self-service runtime platform for the product engineering team to leverage. This will be working within a hybrid AWS and Azure environment.
- You will use your technical skills to help mature developer experience using Kubernetes and HashiCorp, and build improvements with tools such as Terraform and Vault, Jenkins, Artifactory, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- You will guide and influence product managers, solution architects and application engineers to design and engineer solutions that enable agility to deliver capabilities that drive business value.
- You will be responsible for designing and engineering services that enable developers to increase productivity and have confidence that their applications run on a secure backbone.
- You will improve the existing offering to adapt to customers’ needs as well as implementing new scenarios.
- You will play a critical role engineering best practices for managing containers, pods, and K8s networking
- You will support and mentor skill development within the team
- You will methodically analyze problems and identify solutions
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, with preference for expertise in at least one of these languages - Java, Go or Python, Bash or Shell scripting
- 2 years’ experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker or any major Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions (ie Rancher, OpenShift or PCF)
- 2 years’ experience with DevSecOps tools and processes, such as, SonarQube, Git, JFrog Artifactory, tekton, sysdig, etc.
- Experience designing, coding, and maintainting Kubernetes add-ons, CRDs, custom controllers, runtime tooling, with a focus on improving engineer experience
- Experience operationalizing code with proper tracing, metrics, logging, monitoring and alerts
- Experience building traffic routing, service discovery, secrets, and access control solutions
- Familiarity working with Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, or other observability products
- Knowledge of networking, load balancing and DNS with UNIX/Linux sysadmin experience
- Show discretion when interacting with customers and vendors, as our planning/decision-making is ongoing
- Be adept and dealing with ambiguity, thinking on one’s feet
- Relevant professional Kubernetes certifications, such as CKA, CKAD, or CKS
- Relevant professional cloud certifications in AWS and Azure
Kalles Group is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on creed, nationality, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, or other protected class.
- Education. We like to give back with an annual education package to boost growing your career.
- Health care coverage for you. This includes medical, dental, vision and pharmaceutical coverage. Kalles Group pays a percentage of the premium for the plan with the remainder being deducted from your paycheck each month. There are multiple plans to choose from.
- Fifteen (15) days of Paid Time Off (to be utilized as vacation or sick time)
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Healthcare benefits (e.g., medical, dental, etc.) are subject to change. When possible, advance notice will be provided regarding any changes. Offers are subject to any, and all, required background and screening checks requested by Kalles Group or our client.
- 401K and life insurance benefits. Subject to eligibility requirements
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs