Hosting Platform Engineer
Xneelo is a web hosting company of approximately 300 people, with teams in Cape Town (head office), Johannesburg, as well as Canada, Ukraine and India. We see ourselves as business enablers, stimulating the economy by helping the business mass market to interact and transact online.
About the role
We’re looking for a number of talented Hosting Platform Engineers to help us build, manage and scale our customer content hosting platforms.
If you love all things Internet, HTTP, -rwxr-x-r-x, IaC and open source in general, you could find a meaningful opportunity at xneelo. If you are after autonomy, mastery and purpose, come and chat with us. If you find a powerful sense of achievement in putting your skill and personal strengths into action to deliver customer value through world class Web application hosting platforms, then we really want to chat to you.
Location: Remote or Cape Town, South Africa
Timezone: UTC to UTC+3
We have two areas of need:
- Ensure ongoing performance, scalability and features of the current large scale hosting platform.
- Build our next generation Web hosting platform.
The strengths and experience of what we’re looking for will largely be common across both these areas:
- Extensive experience in largely open source based infrastructure systems management.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, particularly should things not go quite according to the system availability plan.
- Skilled at proactively and hugely reducing the likelihood of the aforementioned plan situation - think SRE and avoiding data loss no matter what.
- Adept at systems thinking, modern IT infrastructure approaches (eg. Infrastructure as code) and applying devops practices to infrastructure management.
- Gets the difference between “done” and “97% done” and the potentially significant costs of the latter.
- Experience in Web hosting at scale will be an advantage.
Our current tech stack and tooling includes Debian Linux, Puppet, Ruby, Jenkins, Apache, Nginx, Proxmox, Openstack, Ceph, Terraform, Docker, Elastic, Gitlab, Yodiz and more. Experience with a reasonable number of these will be important. Even more important is your ability to use these and similar tools to innovate, solve complex IT infrastructure problems and to do this as a strong team player.
Ensuring our current hosting platform continues to play a pivotal role in creating raving fan customers remains a challenging objective and puts even the most seasoned systems engineer through their paces, giving them a strong sense of purpose in their role.
Building our next generation hosting platform will appeal to those who already have good skill and experience in modern infrastructure approaches and have not yet had the chance to see these skills really put to work in building large scale environments, with the highest quality and performance outcomes at play. This is an opportunity to get involved on a significant project while still in the formative stages.
We are looking for talented engineers for these roles and salary will be negotiable, commensurate with your skills and track record.
At xneelo, our sincere desire is that our team members are inspired by their success and able to operate with a high level of discretion and autonomy guided by our principles and values. We hope this appeals to you and look forward to hearing from you.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs