Staff Platform Engineer
Staff Platform Engineer
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That’s where you come in.
Engineering at Pantheon operates in small mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. They dig in, understand the problem and find the optimal path to success. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack -- and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
We’ve got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Pantheon platform at scale. You’ll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, React, Node.js, Python, Go, C, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Terraform, CircleCI, Vault, and more.
Along the way, we’ve written tools to manage containers at scale. We built a massive multi-tenant distributed file system, CI/CD pipeline, and a cloud-native container-based infrastructure orchestrated with Kubernetes. We have contributed to open source communities such as WordPress, Drupal, Fedora, Chef, systemd, cURL, Kubernetes, Terraform, Sensu, and more.. If you have experience with any of these technologies, that's great and if not, that's okay too. Our engineering team is filled with experienced engineers who are happy to help open-minded candidates learn on the job, regardless of their background.
Pantheon is looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to join and lead our globally distributed Filesystem team, either remote or onsite at our SF office (on US hours.) You will design and build our cloud-based filesystem, which seamlessly integrates with highly available application containers, to continually improve it’s performance and capabilities.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Within Pantheon engineering, we value collaboration, character, autonomy, and a no-blame culture. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Things You'll Do
- Work on advanced global-scale implementations of WordPress and Drupal CMS systems using the latest in Google Cloud platform offerings.
- Build and maintain our cloud-based filesytem, Valhalla.
- Assess and support performance.
- Collaborate closely with the wider platform org to both deliver filesystem improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technical initiatives.
- Own your team’s production systems, measure and track their health with SLO’s, and assist our dedicated support team to resolve production issues.
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication.
- Support Pantheon as a member of the on-call engineer rotation, contributing to the stability, reliability and performance of the infrastructure that drives Pantheon's success.
What you Bring to the Table
- You enjoy and have experience with large-scale, high-traffic platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world.
- You have extensive experience with distributed database management systems like cassandra that are designed to handle large amounts of data across many servers.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
- You are comfortable working with a team that is distributed globally.
- You are a clear communicator, able to represent your contributions and ideas with clarity while remaining open and giving space to the contributions and ideas of others.
- Take pride in what you can do as part of a team.
Proudly based out of San Francisco, Pantheon is a platform where marketers and developers build, host, and manage their high-value Drupal and WordPress websites. Pantheon's engineering's secret sauce is not our innovative scaling and performance tooling but our passionate, creative, collaborative team.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and stock option plan
- Unlimited time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your work-outs and a whole suite of paid apps for mental as well as physical health and wellbeing
- Events and activities both team-based and company-wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs