Test Automation Engineer
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will form part of the teams that are responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed applications, providing innovative tools to the end user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to our customers.
The ideal candidate will be adept at automated testing of web applications and maintaining Selenium test automation frameworks. You will be expected to develop, implement and maintain automated tests on an existing framework. You will need to work collaboratively with the quality assurance teams to triage problems, write bug reports, and perform validation. Following and adding to the existing test procedures, guidelines, standards and processes. You should be willing to learn and work on new technologies. You will play a big part in maturing our CI/CD processes.
- Enthusiastic about technology to serve operational and client requirements.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated with a strong team spirit.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starting.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Able to use your own initiative.
- Quality driven.
- Strives to create optimal systems and simple procedures.
- Enjoys sharing ideas and innovation.
- Cool under pressure.
- Prefers agile development and a self-organizing team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff.
Ability to write automation scripts and reporting structure for automation
Ability to support, maintain, document, and write automation test scripts for software testing
Maintain and support the existing test automation framework.
Review daily test automation reports and raise bugs when needed.
Identify and evaluate new technologies for testing purposes.
Take ownership of the QA teams automation framework, test automation implementation, validation of scripts, test VMs and initial documentation.
Exposure to high-veracity automated tests of diverse systems including APIs, services, and web apps.
Experience with test automation tools. (Preferably Selenium)
Experience working in software development environments.
Be proficient in integrating automated tests into a continuous integration process. (Jenkins, Bamboo)
Have well-honed technical problem solving and analytical skills.
Be proficient in high-level languages, preferably Java.
Working knowledge of conceptual programming techniques/paradigms such as OOP and S.O.L.I.D principles.
Basic understanding of data structures and how to make use of collections within the chosen language.
Have a solid understanding of software testing concepts and techniques.
Be able to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
Be well versed in software engineering tools and best practices.
Thoroughly understand persistence and networking concepts and technologies.
Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Experience with using test management or bug management tools. (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements for testing.
Create and maintain test function libraries, test automation scripts and data files necessary to improve and expand our continuous integration system.
Follow and improve on the existing test strategy, process, and best practices.
Review test automation scripts/plans developed by peers.
Continual revision of methods, tools and concepts employed by the QA team.
Maintaining a high level of productivity and practices within your team.
- BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science is a plus.
- ISTQB Certification is a plus.
- Either of the above will be advantageous, however, your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Selenium WebDriver/ Automation concepts.
Maven and TestNG
Java, C# or another object oriented programming languages
Jira or another similar issue tracking system
JMeter, SoapUI, Postman or Insomnia
IDEs such as Intellij, NetBeans Visual Studio
Jenkins or another tool that facilitates continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs