Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) - Video Clients
San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an AWS service that allows developers to easily leverage the low-latency highly-distributed live video platform that powers Twitch in their own applications. The Video Clients team is looking for DevOps engineers to work on our CI/CD pipelines to support Web, iOS, and Android clients. Our tooling pipelines will need to be stable and reliable when building, testing, and deploying releases of our IVS SDKs.
You’ll experience the best of both worlds while working on a brand new AWS service at Twitch—you’ll be immersed in Twitch’s creator-first culture and enjoy our perks while moving fast to build a new business. You’ll make an impact on Twitch, the largest live video entertainment platform in the world with over 1 trillion minutes of content watched in 2020, and on a rapidly growing and evolving AWS service.
If you are passionate about video, streaming, or entertainment, and obsessed with building CI/CD pipelines and automation tools, then this is the position for you.
- Collaborate with engineers to understand their build pipelines and tooling needs.
- Setup new operational systems and infrastructure.
- Setup and maintain new build and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deploy systems.
- Develop and maintain automated release systems.
- Setup and integrate new monitoring and alerting systems.
- Develop and maintain new services relevant to client operations.
- Research new technologies and tooling.
- Write automation scripts and tools in Python.
- 5+ years of experience in related DevOps roles.
- Experience configuring & managing build pipelines.
- Experience with maintaining systems designed around Infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Experience designing and maintaining scalable cloud infrastructure like AWS EC2, S3, and/or equivalent technologies.
- Experience building CI/CD pipeline for Web, iOS, and/or Android apps and SDKs.
- Experience with building CI/CD solutions using tools like TeamCity, Jenkins, Gitlab, and Artifactory.
- Experience writing automation scripts in Python, Ruby, bash, or similar languages.
- Experience with cloud tools such as: Terraform, Docker, Cloud Development Kit, and CloudFormation.
- Familiar with AWS Device Farms for Web and Mobile testing.
- Exposure to modern C++ 11 and higher, Emscripten, and WebAssembly.
- Understanding of video technologies.
- Experience with platform pipelines, development, and languages related to Web, iOS, and/or Android.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs