CENM DevOps Team Lead
We’re looking for a CENM DevOps Team Lead that will be responsible for managing (both pastoral and technical leadership) a team of Engineers that look after the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of CENM in R3’s Production, Testing, Staging and QA Environments plus any associated toolsets and infrastructure, such as DataDog, PagerDuty, ELK, NginX, Squid etc. The DevOps Team Lead will both task and lead their team to ensure the uptime, performance, availability and security of CENM services and associated resources is maintained to industry standards – 99.9% availability, SOC2 compliant etc. They will also work alongside, and support our Customers, the Business, Development, Security Ops and other Technical teams within R3 – therefore being a leader, excellent communication skills, having a great personality, a sense of humour, being able to work under pressure, being empathetic towards different cultures, communicating effectively and hitting deadlines are all paramount to enjoying life at R3.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be as creative and innovative as you need to be so that you and your team are accountable for the automation, implementation and continuous deployment of CENM in all environments that the department is responsible for.
- People manager to a range of employees, including technical focused employees, which may be entry through to intermediate level. Within this role, you shall be responsible for setting goals, offering feedback (developmental, technical, behavioural etc.), source and devise development opportunities and provide longer term career guidance.
- Feel free to explore solutions that will help you own the delivery of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile engineering environment.
- Build effective, productive relationships with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Security, Support and other technical teams to ensure services can be launched in a planned, orderly and consistent manner to defined standards and key performance indicators.
- Work with other department leaders to ensure we’re prioritising the work that needs to be completed. You know it’s important, even if others don’t, so it needs to be done.
- Actively work to unblock issues faced by the team during delivery; hopefully by coaching team members rather than taking on the work yourself. But if you need to get involved, you will.
- Understand and proactively plan software and infrastructure over a period of 3-5 years to meet both technical and business needs. We should aim to be the best at what we do and keep our standards as high as possible.
- Be an inspirational influence and mentor to other team members. Be positive and confident in everything that we do - we learn from our mistakes and taking calculated risks needs to be rewarded.
- Superb interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Vision, drive and passion - someone who inspires others to aim high. You know what excellent looks like and you want everyone to be involved in this journey.
- Able to lead from the front, but also understand that everyone is motivated differently - adjusting your style to get the best from those around you.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments, preferably for a financial services institution
- Solid experience in the implementation and administration of CENM
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Experience with monitoring systems (DataDog, JMX, Jolokia)
- Solid experience with automation software (Ansible & Terraform)
- Experience with central logging systems (preferable ELK)
- Experience of deploying, using and managing the Atlassian tool set (Jira, Service Desk etc).
- Solid experience with containerisation (Kubernetes)
- Solid scripting skills (shell, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge
- Solid understanding and experience of security engineering
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through significant professional experience
Job tags: Ansible Azure ELK Jira Kubernetes Linux Nginx Python Terraform Unix