This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance. We are already the largest crypto exchange in Europe and are ramping up our presence globally. You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry, in excellent working conditions in Ljubljana and Celje, with opportunity to gain exclusive knowledge and experience.
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Location: Remote, on-site (Slovenia)
Eligibility: EU citizens, non-EU citizens residing in Slovenia
Preferred time zone: Europe/Ljubljana +/- 1 hour
What you will do
Bitstamp's product offering is growing faster than ever. Therefore, our application platform is changing constantly. Our Infrastructure Engineers are working on core services across the entire platform and are making sure that these works in a reliable, performant and compliant manner.
The job is very hands-on, we research and assess issues as they appear and then optimize existing solutions or write new code to replace them. Our main goal is long-term scalability of the platform.
We also communicate with engineers in product teams to help them with adopting new solutions. Often, we improve existing tooling, set up monitoring and metrics, and update continuous integration workflows. We work closely with our Software Architects and System Operations.
And although our work is dynamic, we have normal working hours and do not communicate directly with customers.
Some of the technologies we use
Python, Go, Linux, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Memcached, Redis, Jenkins, Git, and more.
Who you are
- Are a seasoned software engineer with several years of working experience in the field.
- Have a BSc (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Know your algorithms, data structures, and best practices in software development (automated testing, code reviews, etc.).
- Have strong experience in several of the technologies that we use.
- Have worked on software scaling problems and high-throughput platforms in the past.
- Have configured and deployed to cloud-based platforms.
- Are fluent in English.
- Can communicate well with your technical and business co-workers.
Bitstamp is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and equality. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
What we offer
Bitstamp believes in building long-term relationships with our employees. At the same time we are well aware of the fierce competition in the current job market. That is why we offer a wide range of perks and benefits including:
- Highly competitive salary.
- Latest generation MacBook Pro along with other equipment.
- Personal education budget for conferences, books, MOOCs, etc.
- Several team building and other company events per year.
- Gym reimbursement program.
- Free coffee and snacks in the office kitchen.
- Maternity and paternity leave.
- And more!
Please, send us your resume and a short (!) motivational letter in English by clicking “Apply for this job”.
(Bonus points for including examples of your code such as your GitHub handle.)
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs