Sr. Test Automation Engineer
About Bevy: 100% Remote Organization
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In March 2021, we raised a $40M series C investment. For this funding round, we’ve built a coalition of investors that reflect the communities that we live in every day.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer on the Bevy engineering team, you will work to ensure the quality, performance, and reliability of the Bevy platform and connected systems. As a white labeled product, Bevy offers a platform that feels at home to each of our clients’ communities. Bevy provides a toolkit to community organizers including everything from mobile apps, to automated emails, newsletters, payments, video conferencing, and integrations with other software. However, the challenges of scaling a highly dynamic platform present opportunities for novel engineering solutions and creativity. In this role you will also do cross functional collaboration with SDETs on other teams and across multiple time zones.
- Contribute to technical leadership and strategic direction to continuously improve the quality of the Bevy platform.
- Identify, implement, and maintain the quality standards for our CI pipeline.
- Identify and triage functional and performance regressions.
- Author and enhance test plans based on feature requirements and specifications, as well as technical discussions and deep dives with application engineers.
- Deep dive into requirements, plan, and automate end-to-end integration test cases.
- Build, enhance, and maintain automation frameworks utilized by the team to automate critical user scenarios for regression testing.
- Effectively collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of application engineers, UX-UI Designers, and product managers to ensure continuous quality improvements.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of OOP concepts, SDLC, and STLC
- A solid background in manual testing
- You are an excellent communicator. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively in both English and Arabic.
- Experience working with remote teams, preferably distributed across different time zones
- Experience automating large and technically complex test cases in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP, …)
- Proven experience developing comprehensive and effective automated testing tools, and automation frameworks.
- Solid understanding of different types of test (unit tests, integration tests, functional tests, load tests, smoke tests, regression testing …), especially End-to-End(E2E) and when to use them.
- Experience with load testing and associated tools, such as Locust.
- Experience with End-to-End(E2E) testing using tools like, Selenium, BrowserStack, and TestCafe.
- Proactive in monitoring running systems and troubleshooting exceptions in testing environments with tools like NewRelic, DataDog, Sentry, and Rollbar.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-service architecture continuously deployed on Kubernetes and GCP.
- Excited about detecting edge cases, validating acceptance criteria, and improving code coverage.
- Enjoy improving an application's user experience by detecting defaults and gaps in code coverage.
- A Computer Science degree and a minimum of 3+ years of related experience
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world through virtual events. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs