Site Reliability Engineer
New York, NY
Do you call yourself a Swiss Army knife when it comes to technology? Is troubleshooting and solving both simple and difficult technical challenges what you love to do? Than you might be Fivesky’s next Site Reliability Engineer
Who you are:
- 4 + years of experience working as a Linux Systems Engineer with Java, networking and security fundamentals
- Have the ability to work across multiple teams
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
What you’ve done:
- Worked as part of a systems team responsible for troubleshooting and resolving a variety of issues from performance optimization,application,networking, or databases
- Linux administration and read Java code
- Jumped in logs in order to analyze performance and resolve problems (Splunk, Dynatrac, AppDynamics)
- Network security (PKI, SSL/TLS, Kerberos)
- Familiarity with databases
- Picked up new technologies easily
- Utilized Apache Tomcat
- Network administration at some point in your career
What you will do:
- As part of the infrastructure Engineering team (Linux/Windows/Networking)
- Work closely with technical SME’S who are responsible for improving stability and performance of critical systems.
- Focus on analyzing data, supporting application and system outages and providing guidance to solve complex issues.
- Produce documentation of standards and procedures, product assessments, knowledge base and training material working with the various application and infrastructure support teams
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.