Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, OR
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
It’s no secret that Digital Trends is obsessed with technology. We don’t just write about cool tech, we also create it. It takes a great product to deliver great content and it takes exceptional people to build tech that drives innovation.
As DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining cloud infrastructure for highly available, high traffic websites and platforms. This role will support all internal engineering efforts including maintaining CI/CD pipelines, server provisioning, monitoring, disaster recovery, virtualization and cluster management. The DevOps engineer will be responsible for ensuring systems are secure, scalable, and highly available.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain business critical hardware/cloud platform infrastructure.
- Maintain continuous integration/deployment pipeline.
- Maintain Disaster Recovery process and documentation.
- Process/Change management and documentation.
- Real-time monitoring and incident management.
- Cloud service integrations.
What We Require:
- Previous experience with the following:
- Resource provisioning tools (Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation, etc)
- Operating System administration (Linux/Unix)
- Network administration
- HTTP/CGI application administration
- Amazon Web Services
- SQL Database administration
- NoSQL Database administration (Redis, Mongo, etc)
- Cache servers (Memcached, Varnish, etc)
- DNS administration
- CDN administration
- High Availability/Distributed systems
- Network/Systems security
- Identity Management systems
- Server monitoring/Realtime metrics
- Workflow Automation/Scripting
- Revision Control
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- College degree in IT, Development, or a closely related field preferred. Applicable work experience may be substituted in lieu of this.
- Current knowledge of best-practices for change management and documentation.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Ability to solve problems both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required and the ability to effectively provide and receive feedback.
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen TVs, bike racks, in-office shower, full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid Tri-Met pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.