Senior Cloud Architect
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Posted 3 months ago
Spinvi is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to focus on enterprise cloud and hybrid cloud solutions for a government client. The ideal candidate would be well-versed in various cloud offerings (e.g. AWS, Azure) and be capable of both iteratively engineering/architecting solutions that would consider and incorporate on-prem, hybrid, and cloud requirements. The position requires someone with both an exceptional engineering and programmatic execution background who possesses the polish and business acumen to be client and executive facing. The successful candidate will have substantive cloud, server, networking, virtualization, and storage experience necessary to architect and implement enterprise solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Cloud Operations role with substantive familiarity troubleshooting, analyzing and successfully resolving issues with Windows virtual servers.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 15 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
- Customer facing skills to represent Spinvi well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Azure Infrastructure and Deployment certification.
- AWS Associate level certification (DevOps, SysOps, or Architect)
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve issues on all tiers.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Experience with Cloud backup solutions.
- Citrix and VMWare experience.
- CompTia Security+
- ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional certification
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Application migration management and execution – working directly with existing teams to develop, document, and leverage repeatable processes necessary to efficiently and quickly onboard applications to AWS, Azure, Milcloud, and hybrid environments. This includes direct coordination with both application owners and existing team leads, performance testing, and documenting operational changes.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points. Drive technical design and validation ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Work closely with other teams, including the I&O team, to resolve issues with Genesis and other program of record applications as they integrate with the DHA.
- Guide teams in deriving innovative solutions to engineer reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
- Contribute as needed to the daily 24/7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics and supporting teams in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments.
- Ensure ongoing collaboration between engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our solutions.
- Foster a culture that leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spinvi does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.