Senior Software Engineer - Platform Engineering
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
We are looking to hire an add-to-staff for a Senior Software Engineer-Platform Engineering. This individuals will play a driving role in shaping the foundational systems that Socure engineers use to develop and deploy their applications. We are looking for people who are motivated by the opportunity to solve scalability, reliability and security-related challenges in infrastructure. This role will have a major impact on the infrastructure and scalability of a high-growth company, and your contributions will make a difference across the entire company.
This role can be based remotely in the United States. You will report directly to our Senior Director of DevOps, Scott Pustay.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the frameworks, automation and tooling to enable a culture of quality within Socure, and automate all aspects of the infrastructure for scale
- Participate in high-level architecture of large-scale distributed systems, promoting security, reliability and scalability in development, QA and production environments
- Build platforms to empower engineers (developers, data scientists, DevOps).
- Oversee and ensure the security of our cloud infrastructure, data, and internal services
- Be a technical leader and display leadership and vision for the future infrastructure at Socure, which may include pioneering new technologies/services to help meet growing challenges
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software, processes, and workflows supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform
- Be a team leader who is responsible for the deliverables of the team, and communicating objectives both within the team and to other teams.
- Plan projects end-to-end; take ownership of the success of the project, delegate responsibilities mindfully, and foster engaging and productive discussions.
- Take ownership of continuous improvement within the team, we are continuously learning here at Socure.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience building infrastructure on cloud hosted systems (AWS)
- Repeated successes in building scalable and resilient infrastructure
- Prior experience in software development is ideal
- Experience with communication protocols, restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, and microservices
- A strong desire to automate the mundane; experience building processes and services that enable developers and enhance productivity
- Demonstrated expertise working with developers to understand their needs and ever changing challenges
- Experience in designing and architecting enterprise grade solutions and processes, and thorough understanding of the best tools to get the job done right.
- Great communication skills. You are able to explain your solution and its impact to the team and non-technical folks so they can understand
- Proven experience prioritizing tasks, evaluating trade-offs, communicating deliverables, and organizing a small team in order to execute on projects
- Availability for on-call support on a rotating basis
- Comfortable working autonomously with minimal guidance
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs