IaC & Virtual Infrastructure Automation Engineer
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Spinvi is hiring an IaC Automation Engineer for a NIWC contract to deliver virtualization engineering, cloud engineering, systems engineering, software engineering, system administration, configuration management, cybersecurity, training curriculum development, technical support, test and evaluation, lifecycle logistics, and sustainment for a program in support of the Program Executive Office (PEO) Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4I) Program Office, Acquisition Program Office PMA268, Program Management Warfare (PMW) PMW790, PMW160, PMW150, PMW120 & NAVY INFORMATION FORCES (NAVIFOR) for Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat, and Intelligence (C5I) stakeholders.
Candidate will be expected to maintain technical expertise in multiple areas of virtual and physical infrastructure and be consistently willing to learn new technologies.
- Eight (8) years of hands-on experience with Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) and C5ISR fields to include three (3) of the following five (5) areas: VMware Virtualization platform, Enterprise Infrastructure Automation, Infrastructure as Code / Orchestration and Management, Automation of Systems Administrating functions, DevOps Environment architecture and Operation. Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and/or public service (e.g., federal, state, or local) leadership in Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) and C5ISR field.
- Automate domain system administration tasks using scripts tools such as Ansible, VMware PowerCLI, Powershell, ADSI, Python, WSUS, SCCM, etc.
- Design and implement an orchestrated automation framework for provisioning, deployment and managing VMware virtual / physical infrastructure at Domain and autonomous ‘silo’ subdomain levels.
- Support DevOps operations by integrating developed IaC and CaC into CICD pipeline builds
- Develop documentation utilizing enterprise standardized templates including: Installation and Configuration Guides, white papers, design and engineering plans.
- Write other non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results.
- Provide systems engineering requirements to ensure that technical and operational requirements are achievable and being satisfied with the proposed technologies.
- Provide support in validating and verifying requirements, requirements analysis and decomposition, requirements test/verification/validation, and reporting.
- Manage, maintain, and enhance current and future baselines. This effort will encompass hands on technical engineering efforts required to define, develop, test and implement software baselines.
- Assist System Administration group with system patching and STIG application during surges.
- Conduct and AoA of various candidate technologies and/or COTS/GOTS solutions and perform assessments of its feasibility to fulfill the technical and operational requirements. Participate in prototype development. Develop engineering recommendations.
- Review/Modify Configuration Item Configuration Document (CICD) to ensure they are accurate in both execution and scope from an IaC / CaC perspective.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain Secret clearance.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- VMware Certification
- Current DoD 8570 certification
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spinvi does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.