Software Engineer, Infrastructure: Compute
New York, New York, United States
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Software Engineer to join our Compute Infrastructure Engineering team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll join a tight knit, passionate team, designing and building Oscar's next generation of feature rich scalable compute infrastructure, underlying all of our software systems and enabling our product teams to work effectively. You’ll mentor engineers to help them design for stability, performance, and scalability across services and clients.
As a member of our Infrastructure team, you’ll work to empower Oscar to extract value from and leverage our data through the full life cycle of these datasets: ingress from 3rd parties, analysis and visibility, replication, validation, and egress.
We take pride in our small teams (engineers <= 5), our efforts (deploys > 100/day), and our ambition (deployment frequency == everyday).
You will report into an Engineering leader in our New York City office.
What we’re doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- Support and scale the current generation of Aurora/Mesos computing infrastructure upon which all of Oscar’s software runs
- Develop the next generation of computing infrastructure leveraging Kubernetes to support Oscar’s continued growth and expansion
- Build and maintain core libraries which support our micro-service based internal system architecture, including secrets management, and discovery
- Become an expert on your team's business and technical domains.
- Assist with the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects.
- Work with partners, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve technology and apply best practices.
- Implement step-wise technical migrations of our existing services and applications.
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You are a self starter- you like being self led
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed software systems.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional work experience.
- Experience with data replication, data warehousing or data pipeline technologies
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs