Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Software Engineer · Infrastructure
REMOTE OPTIONAL / PRODUCT – ENGINEERING / FULL-TIME
At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers who love the product and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
Applying to Render
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the Role
Render is scaling rapidly. Our customers have created hundreds of thousands of services on our platform, and the numbers continue to accelerate. Our customers trust us to deliver a secure, reliable and performant cloud — this is our top priority as a company.
By joining us at an early stage, you will design and build the cloud infrastructure you've always wanted for yourself, and make decisions that will shape our product and company, directly impacting developers around the globe.
We are looking for engineers with deep specialization in cloud infrastructure. We are particularly interested in experience with container orchestration, low-level networking, and storage management.
- Own Render's core infrastructure across multiple data centers and regions.
- Help offer unique capabilities to Render customers through infrastructure innovation.
- Plan and architect for rapidly increasing scale.
- Debug issues at all levels in our infrastructure stack.
- Improve the performance and reliability of our infrastructure through increased observability, load testing, and chaos engineering.
- Collaborate with other engineers to help keep our platform stable, predictable, and secure.
- Participate in our on-call rotation, with the rest of the engineering team.
We’re looking for:
- Experience building and scaling cloud infrastructure.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and debugging production systems at scale.
- Experience building, operating and scaling Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Pulumi, and Ansible.
- Familiarity with observability tools like Datadog and SignalFx.
- Experience hosting PostgreSQL (or similar data stores) at scale.
- Security hardening skills, especially in the context of untrusted workloads.
How we're dealing with COVID:
- Although we prefer a mostly in-person work environment, we are working remotely until it is safe to use public transportation and gather in groups again.
- We encourage everyone to take a half-day off from work every week as we can all use some time off to manage the additional stress from the pandemic.
Benefits we offer at Render:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend.
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs