Principal Software Engineer - Engineering Productivity (Devops)
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our goal is to provide highly available, reliable and scalable tools/services infrastructure that enables our engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release enterprise software quickly. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
At Snowflake our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
You have a strong understanding of Distributed Infrastructure and Automation challenges. You have experience working as an engineer in a services, cloud or enterprise environment, and have implemented solutions/services that are a hallmark of reliability, scalability, availability, and ease of use. You will be building automation solutions for Cloud based, SaaS Data Warehouse services. These span the full stack including helping set the direction for how we continuously integrate, deploy, verify and monitor our product/services.
You’re knowledgeable. You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions.
AS AN INFRASTRUCTURE AND AUTOMATION ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Design, build and advanced CI/CD pipeline frameworks.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers.
OUR IDEAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND AUTOMATION ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 10+ years of experience in software development (SaaS experience preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in designing and working with modern Continuous Integration and Deployment solutions
- 6+ years of hands-on expertise in CI/CD tools, like Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus, etc.
- Proven experience in software build and delivery in Java, C++, Python, NodeJS, Angular and other software technologies.
- Kubernetes and Docker experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language such Java, Python.
- Familiarity with SQL
- Comfortable with Linux environments and scripting experience.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Services mindset. Passion for driving automation into software development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud based infrastructure systems is a plus.
- Software development experience with highly-scalable, highly-available, and highly resilient distributed systems/services in large multi-node environments preferred.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
WHY JOIN THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE? BUILDING NEW ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGIES IS COMPLEX, AND OUR ENGINEERING TEAM SURMOUNTS THE OBSTACLES. AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs