Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote or Austin, TX
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We're looking for a Software Engineer, DevOps to join our Infrastructure team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform. This person will have ideally transitioned into an infrastructure focused role having come from a strong development background. Our Infrastructure team is responsible for the design and support of the product platform, focusing cloud-native solutions to enable our product and feature teams to keep up with the fast pace of our industry. Facilitated by robust tooling, automation and well maintained documentation.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Design and support the CI/CD pipeline to serve development needs.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve developer and customer experience through Infrastructure or pipeline improvements.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge's technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Spend up to 75% of your time working on supporting developer experience improvements.
- Perform script maintenance and updates with a high attention to detail and scalability.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of relevant DevOps experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years of Kubernetes experience
- 4+ years experience with Docker, Ansible, TDD
- 2+ years experience with Metrics and APM, Logging solutions
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience designing modern CI/CD solutions supporting ephemeral environments
- Experience and willingness to deep dive into code (Python-preferred, Node, JS, Vue, etc)
- Experience with python2/3, flake8/pep8, flask, gunicorn, gevent
- Experience with auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure components
- Experience with MySQL, SQLAlchemy
- Experience with Git/Github, lint
- Familiar with IaC, Terraform
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Willingness to participate in a first line of support on-call rotation
- 2+ years supporting Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency with SignalFX, Splunk, NewRelic
- Development background
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs