Postgres Database Administrator
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What you get to do everyday:
- Scale our datastores to serve our growing customer base
- Optimize queries and indexes
- Improve our modeling
- Ensure seamless migrations
- Maintain and upgrade our Postgres instances
- Secure our data from malicious actors
- Help with on call duties
- Mentor engineers in best practices
What you bring to the role:
- Ability to administer and optimize Postgres
- Proven track record delivering of scaling databases to meet application needs
- Articulate verbal and written communication
- Has worked in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- 3+ years experience delivering software products
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs