Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Growth
Work Style: Onsite
We are looking for an experienced Telesales Manager to head our growing telesales team. As a telesales manager, you will be responsible for setting weekly and monthly sales targets, training new telesales staff, designing and implementing effective sales strategies, monitoring the performance of the telesales team and handling escalated member complaints.
To ensure success as a telesales Manager, you should have expert experience with telesales, advanced managerial skills and the ability to multitask. Furthermore, you should demonstrate strong networking and negotiation skills, good Managerial ability and decision-making skills. Your ability to perform under pressure and manage stressful situations will be a plus.
We’re grooming a committed team of eloquent, curious, and empathetic professionals who possess an in-depth understanding and technical know-how of business values in order to solve issues members face through the Onboarding Funnel.
- Oversees the daily workflow and scheduling of telemarketing staff.
- Monitors and reviews phone calls to ensure quality service and compliance with applicable policies and best practices.
- Measures team performance; communicates goals and quotas to team; encourages and motivates telemarketers as they work toward reaching their goals and quotas.
- Writes sales scripts and member answer sheets.
- Set weekly and monthly sales targets and monitor the performance of the telesales team.
- Prepare and maintain an updated record of all important members’ information in the database
- Compile and present sales reports to the Management team
- Address and resolve escalated member’s queries and complaints
- Conducts performance evaluations and analyze the performance of the telesales team members
- Build and maintain long-term member relations
- Periodic training of telesales staff
- Outstanding product knowledge of products and services
- Handle grievances to preserve the company’s reputation
- Pursue promising leads with persuasion and persistence
- 5+years proven experience in telesales/customer service and 3+ years as a telesales manager.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organisation and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask , handle stressful situations and meet cut-throat deadlines
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented individual
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota over the phone
- Problem solver
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection
- Great sales ability.
- Ability and willingness to learn about products and services specifications and benefits
- Patient and friendly personality
- Outstanding telephone etiquettes
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Joy in building things from scratch, if something needs to get done you are reliable to provide solutions.
- Comfort in ambiguity, you seek adventure and an accelerated career path.
- Ready to get your hands dirty, because you will have to “roll up your sleeves”!
- Willingness to work weekends, occasional holidays, and outside of standard 9-5 business hours
- Fluency in English and other Nigerian languages.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter online on or before 20tht September 2022.