Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project/Strategy Specialist to join our Strategic Initiatives department. As a Technical Project/Strategy Specialist, you will be at the center of defining strategy for one of the leading AI and data science companies. Apply your technical skills in a new way to shape future directions at the cutting edge of computation.
The Technical Project/Strategy Specialist will be responsible for working with and helping senior staff to define, think through, organize and implement strategic plans. This position is ideal for someone in the early stages of a career or who is transitioning from a purely technical background or role. You will get a wide view of strategic, tactical and practical business issues and will gain experience on what does and does not work well.
This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking, and the ability to interface with groups across the company (both technical and nontechnical). The position requires an exemplary ability to collate, critique and synthesize ideas. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Applying logic-led reasoning to strategic plans initiated by senior management and architecting them in a coherent and concise fashion
- Participating in group brainstorming and plan-building meetings
- Synthesizing ideas generated by in-house experts
- Synthesizing ideas into clear objectives and tactics toward a defined goal
- Drawing out, crystallizing and escalating strategic issues to senior management so key information is ready for decisions to made
- Producing detailed, project-specific instructions for implementation of defined tactics, including time estimation and resource requirements from around the company
- Implementing assigned projects that have been generated during the plan-formation process
- Assessing the success of defined plans after six months of implementation
- Working with other members of the Strategic Initiatives group, including the Strategic Initiatives Project Manager
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams within the company and helping groups interpret plans so they can be efficiently executed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics or a related technical or quantitative field
- An analytic, focused drive to reach a clear vision of an issue and stay focused on the main objective
- A mixture of technical understanding and inclination for practical business intuition
- Strong communication, organizational and analytic skills
- A highly organized and systematized approach
- A high level of drive and the ability to self-motivate
- Strong writing skills with a minimalist approach
- Good listening skills and an aptitude for crystallizing and summarizing points made by others
- The ability to interact with a wide range of teams (for example, the user experience, design, web, technical content, quality assurance, support and product development teams)
- A high degree of initiative
- The ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Some programming experience
- An interest in technology
Location: Champaign, Illinois, or Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company.