Are you tired of playing essentially the same game over and over? Are you a rebel at heart with the passion to change the status-quo? Are you a self-driven engineer?
If the answer is yes, we are looking for you.
At Latent we strive to reinvent how games are experienced and created using cutting-edge AI. We are currently building the next generation, real-time animation technology for virtual worlds, which we believe that has the potential to change everything.
You can be one of the first engineers in our team. We are looking, first and foremost, for passion. Passion to change how things are currently done, passion for technology, passion for adventure, passion to be in the heart of something great.
Apart from that, you are an experienced, London-based software engineer who perfectly knows how game engines work and, specifically, who knows how Unity works, and you are not afraid to dig down and hack it if necessary. You've also likely had some experience with character animation, and maybe you've experimented with UE4. You may also have played around with machine learning code at some point.
You will work with us to help connect the game engine with our unique technology through clean API's for interacting with game logic. Ideally, you already have had some experience developing tools or third-party plugins for Unity.
Also, you pride yourself in being a generalist, and you are curious and capable to learn about anything.
If you don't fit perfectly in this description, but you are driven, knowledgeable and you think you can do what it takes, then we would love to hear from you as well.
- Programming experience in C#, python, and other applicable programming languages.
- Knoledge of Unity engine, being able to implement clean APIs interacting with game logic.
- Some experience in the development of Unity tools, 3rd party plugins, services or SDKs in Unity.
- Self-driven / have a growth mindset: Ability to collaborate, but also take the lead and work independently when needed.
Good to have:
- Experience in animation (traditional, IK, or physics-based).
- Experience with physics engines.
- Experience with Unity ML-Agents at the code level.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- High-level knowledge of machine learning techniques.
What we offer:
- Early-stage EMI stock options (benefitial tax treatment) with amazing growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible policy for working from home. Although we are not hiring remote positions, we allow for some days a week working from home.
- An opportunity to shine and grow as one of the first employees of a company with an ambitious mission.
We look forward for your application!