Tickets.com, an MLB company, delivers innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable frictionless and unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe. Together with MLB, Tickets.com is changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry, delivering new digital venue and ticketing experiences to millions of fans. Our Technology team builds platforms and products that provide a new smart ticketing solution and venue experience. Using cutting-edge technology, our platform and applications are consumed by fans, stadiums, and MLB teams
We are assembling a world-class team to build on these experiences, to scale platforms and products that anticipate emerging opportunities, including dynamic pricing and offers and digital, contactless ticketing. Our mission is to provide premium, innovative live experiences for our clients and their patrons.
Tickets.com is looking for a Senior Software Engineer passionate about building engaging products for our fans.
The Opportunity: As a Senior Software Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to write clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, mentor developers and provide code reviews.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and take ownership of critical projects and your own initiatives.
- Introduce the technologies you feel passionate about.
- Collaborate with a team of extraordinary engineers and technologists.
- Influence the innovation of products used by millions of users worldwide.
- Work alongside MLB’s top data engineering team on data analysis.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, developing, testing, deploying, operating, supporting and maintenance).
- Change the way baseball is consumed.
- 7+ years of overall software development experience using Java JVM.
- Expertise using Java with Spring Framework & Spring-Boot.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Experienced building large and scalable applications using microservice design patterns.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile process, CI/CD & build automation tools, and SRE best practices.
- Experience with object-oriented programming (OOP) and SOLID principles.
- Passionate about mentoring peer developers, providing code reviews, etc.
- 2 or more years of working experience in Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience with Scala or Go-lang.
- Familiar with stream-processing platform and message broker: Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- Experience with NodeJS, React.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with API gateways.
- Experience with source code management/continuous integration (CI): GitHub, BitBucket,
- Knowledge with continuous delivery (CD): Jenkins, Argo CD, Bamboo.
- Baseball fan.
Salary Range: $135K- $175K
We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
- STD & LTD
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & AD&D
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, Holidays including Year-End Holiday Break)
- HSA & FSA
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Hybrid Work Environment
- MLB Tickets
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.