Material is a global strategy, insights, design, and technology partner to companies striving for true customer centricity and ongoing relevance in a digital first, customer-led world. By leveraging proprietary, science-based tools that enable human understanding, we inform and create customer-centric business models and experiences + deploy measurement systems – to build transformational relationships between businesses and the people they serve.
Srijan is a global engineering firm that builds transformative digital paths to better futures for Fortune 500 enterprises to nonprofits all over the world. Srijan brings advanced engineering capabilities and agile practices to some of the biggest names across FMCG, Aviation, Telecom, Technology, and others. We help businesses embrace the digital future with cloud, data, API and platform centric technologies and adapt to changing business models and market demands. Srijan leads in Drupal with 350+ Drupal engineers, 80+ Acquia certifications. Srijan is also a Drupal Enterprise Partner & Diamond Certified
The Senior Data Engineer will design, develop, monitor and maintain a robust and scalable data platform used by other data analyst and engineering teams to deliver powerful insights to both internal and external stakeholders. This role will create abstractions to speed the platforms adoption and build reliable pipelines to support growing data processing and analytics needs. Ideally this person will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and excited about the prospects of having a big impact with data.
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and high-performance database applications and systems using Python and AWS services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve database and system issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Optimize database performance, reliability, and security, and implement best practices for database design, deployment, and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure using AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, and Lambda.
- Write and maintain Python scripts for automation, testing, monitoring, and deployment of database and system applications.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, tools, and frameworks to improve database and system performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Participate in code reviews, software testing, and debugging activities to ensure the quality and reliability of database and system applications.
- Strong expertise in Python programming language, with knowledge of at least one of Python web frameworks such as Django, Flask, FastAPI etc.
- Deep understanding of AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, and Lambda, and experience with cloud-based application development and deployment.
- Proficiency in database development and management using SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or DynamoDB.
- Familiarity with software development best practices such as Agile/Scrum, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), version control, and automated testing.
- Ability to design, develop, and deploy scalable, fault-tolerant, and high-performance applications on the cloud.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts related to cloud computing, such as VPC, IAM, and security groups.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- At least 4 years of experience in software development, with a focus on Python and AWS services.
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based applications and systems at scale.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code (IaC), configuration management, and automated testing.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
What you will get:
- Competitive Salaries with flexi benefits
- Group Mediclaim Insurance and Personal Accidental Policy
- 30+ Paid Leaves in a year
- Learning and Development of quarterly budgets for certification