Stuart (DPD Group) is a sustainable 🌱 last-mile logistics company that connects retailers and e-merchants to a fleet of geolocalised couriers across several countries in Europe.
Our Mission 🚀
We are an impact-driven company that aims to build the future of logistics for a more sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable. We are committed to creating a new standard for urban deliveries that meet today’s environmental and social challenges while offering a premium delivery experience blending speed, flexibility and convenience.
Our motto: “Make every delivery a moment all of us can truly celebrate!” More than 3000+ leading brands already partner with us across Restaurants, Grocery, Retail & Luxury, eCommerce and Professional Services to deliver all types of goods at the tap of a button. Stuart is a highly diverse and inclusive company of 700+ employees with 90+ nationalities working across France 🇫🇷, Italy 🇮🇹, Poland 🇵🇱, Portugal 🇵🇹, Spain 🇪🇸 and the U.K. 🇬🇧
It’s the right moment and the right place for us to make an impact on millions of people, as home delivery services hit a record high. And guess what? You can help us fulfil our vision 🙌
Let's talk about Engineering 🌟
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will join the Core Convoy (tribe) and lead large scale engineering projects that have the biggest impact at Stuart 🚀
You will have the chance to work and shape one of the most critical solutions at Stuart, working in a cross functional team and reporting to Andrea
We have a very helpful and collaborative team culture where engineers support each others' efforts via regular pairing, internal demos, taking online classes together, mentoring & running internal conferences several times a year!
What will I be doing? 🤔
- Contribute to Stuart’s financial systems by being a senior engineer in the Finance Core services Ship (squad).
- Lead large scale engineering projects that have the biggest impact at Stuart.
- Participate in system architecture design and help establish a fantastic developer experience for the team.
- Contribute to a technical roadmap across different services by working with relevant PMs.
- Willing to learn new technologies that force you out of your comfort zone. We deploy software built in many programming languages using many frameworks.
- Collaborate frequently with Tech counterparts and Business stakeholders to help the team align on business needs and drive global technical solutions forward.
- Lead the way and apply engineering best practices in our everyday work.
- Document knowledge and services in a clear way.
What do we need from you? 😎
- You’re extremely comfortable coding at least in 1/2 of the followings languages: NodeJS/Typescript, Python and Ruby
- You have experience building reliable, scalable, & maintainable solutions in a service-oriented architecture.
- High quality, observable and testable code is your domain.
- You constantly build robust solutions that scale predictably and fail gracefully.
- You will have a solutions oriented mindset - you're a creative problem solver even with limited tools. 🧠
- Having a background/interest in Finance is desirable.
- You've got a Computer Science degree, Vocational Education or similar related to computer science, engineering or mathematics. 🎓
- You value communication and collaboration. 💬
- You're fluent in English.
The stuff you wanna know 😉
- Family-friendly work-life balance - work from home and flexible hours 🏡
- Option to work remotely anywhere in Italy 🇮🇹
- Permanent full time contract
Meal Vouchers 🥗
- Unlimited access to Udemy for all your learning and development needs 📚
Stuart Academy with regular workshops, Stu-Classes, and Stu-Talks 🎓
- Stuart is putting Mental Health Awareness first: 40 EUR Wellness Allowance to use in any gym or sport class 🧘
Private healthcare insurance 🧑⚕️
- 2 volunteer days per year to have a positive impact on our communities and the environment
- Stability - Stuart is part of a solid and successful state-owned Group (Geopost) in France 🚀
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a company culture focused on learning and development 🎉
At Stuart, we believe that employees today want to evolve in collaborative, high-growth environments where they can demonstrate their abilities and thrive both professionally and personally. We are convinced that employees need to find alignment between their inner values and their company’s culture and mission to unlock their full potential. We work to create a culture of empowerment, continuous learning and growth where everyone can bring expertise, own projects and easily measure their impact 🙌
Stuart is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status 💙
Please note: Our Talent Acquisition Team is international coming from across the world 🌍 We kindly ask you to please submit your CV and application in English so that it can be reviewed correctly (unless the job posting is in a language other than English). Thank you 🤗