b_labs is the transformation and digitization arm of B.TECH, on a mission to change the industry as we know it. We spearhead tech innovation at B.TECH, an organization that has been a cornerstone of the Egyptian retail industry. We are the engine powering B.TECH in achieving its goal of becoming the leading omni-channel platform for consumer electronics and appliances in Egypt. By joining b labs, you will get to benefit from a collaborative startup environment, while also enjoying the stability of working within a company that has achieved strong growth year after year. You will be part of a visionary, customer-focused team with an ambitious mission--to become a trailblazer for digital retail within the Middle East.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges. around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code using Kotlin, Java, Fastlane, Gradle
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Help in decision making and mapping out necessary to refactor code blocks.
- Help in maintaining code quality, automation and organization.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subject is a must.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing Android mobile apps.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Deep understanding of android engineering principles.
- Solid knowledge of OOP, SOLID principles, most used design patterns.
- Good Understanding of clean architecture.
- Deep knowledge of Kotlin, Java, Fastlane, Gradle.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with restful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Deep knowledge of Android Architecture patterns like MVP/MVVM/MVI.
- Experience with Dependency Injection or Service locator.
- Familiarity with Android Jetpack.
- Experience with reactive programming.
Office environment: When you come to our b_labs office, you'll find creative workspaces, a well-equipped kitchen, and an open design to foster collaboration between teams.
Education budget: We believe the learning journey never ends, therefore you will be entitled to an annual education budget to take part in trainings, courses or onsite conferences of your choice.
Flexibility: You know best whether you want to work from home or in the office. However, if you want to join your teammates onsite, we will subsidize the costs for lunch to foster the b_labs office community
Mobility package: When you are joining the b_labs office, we will subsidize your mobility expenses for public transport.
Equipment: From "Day 1" you will receive all the equipment you need be successful at work. Therefore, you can choose your laptop and get all the tools you need to stay on top of your game.