Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer who will manage automated tests to ensure product quality. You will design and implement tests, debug and define corrective actions, review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
What you’ll do
- Prepare detailed, comprehensive and well structured test plans and test cases.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Plan and coordinate testing activities through identifying and documenting bugs.
- Build and execute automation scripts
- Organize testing processes for new and existing products to meet member needs.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Review debugging process results.
- Track quality assurance metrics like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Analyze the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Maintain relevant knowledge about new testing tools and test strategies.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years experience as a QA Engineer
- A degree in Computer Science or other related areas
Experience working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Strong ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive tests plans and test cases
- Significant experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Understanding of agile/Scrum development principles