Life Edit Therapeutics, a high-growth biotechnology company, is seeking an Office Administrator for immediate hire. Life Edit offers a dynamic and stimulating workplace with industry-leading talent. We have many exciting projects underway so this person can have immediate impact. Location is a custom new office in the heart of downtown Durham.
This position is appropriate for someone who is energetic, dependable, hospitable, and confident. Resourcefulness, efficiency and sound judgment are traits that will assist you in excelling in this role. Communication is of paramount importance, so candidate must have a high level of comfort interacting with employees at all levels and guests of all kinds. This is a hospitality-centered position so a successful candidate will have a helpful and approachable attitude as well as a polished, professional demeanor to create positive impressions of our brand. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing many hats and will possess the mentality that no job is too big, and no job is too small. Life Edit is a thriving organization, so this position may evolve along with the company and its needs.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Greet and direct visitors, ensuring that all guests feel welcomed and supported during their visit
- Receive and route all inbound deliveries of packages and other materials, working closely with our operations team to understand materials flow and recognize patterns
- Interface with Facilities staff to oversee guest parking deck passes and building access badges
- Assist in maintaining inventory and stocking of office supplies and food and beverages
- Provide some coordination of conference rooms and other support for meetings and office events
- Establish working relationships with landlord representatives and other building tenants
- Various additional administrative tasks as needed, such as answering the office phone, handling postal mail, lost and found, loaner items like charging cords and headphones, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role
- University degree appreciated, but not required
- Experience working for a small company or startup environment preferred but not required
- Experience working with biotech or life science company preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Ability to interact with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment working well under pressure and with deadlines
- Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member with a can-do attitude
- High level of engagement with colleagues and the companies is expected
- Willingness to learn new things and use new tools
- Well organized, self-motivated, smart thinker, detail oriented
- A thorough knowledge of standard office equipment and software is required, in particular PC computing, Microsoft Outlook for email and calendar management, Teams for video meetings and file sharing, Word and Excel.
- Some experience with SAP and goods receivable tracking would be a plus
We’re committed to finding the best ways to support our teams so they can do their best work. We take care of our employees, right from the start.
Health & Wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance covered at 90%
- Low deductible, no co-insurance and no copays for mental health visits (for in-network care)
- Annual fitness reimbursement
- Employer paid for access to wellness apps and programs like Task Human
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plans with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Employer-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored flexible spending accounts (FSA) and dependent care account (DCA)
- Access to a 1-on-1 financial advisor
- Commuter reimbursement benefit
- Monthly cell phone stipend
Time Off & Flexibility
- Unlimited paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, family leave, personal days, and bereavement
- 18 paid company holidays, plus an end-of-year holiday shut down
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML), administered by Unum
- Insights Discovery training for every employee to make the most of workplace relationships
- Ongoing professional development, including manager training
- Access to LinkedIn Learning, a self-guided online education platform
Why join Life Edit Therapeutics?
Life Edit Therapeutics, an ElevateBio portfolio company, is a gene editing company on a mission to rewrite the future by curing disease, making any edit, anywhere. Life Edit has built a world-class genome editing platform with one of the world’s largest and most diverse collections of novel RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) and base editors. The company’s next-generation editing systems will propel the development of novel human therapeutics by enabling ex vivo engineering for cell therapies and regenerative medicines and in vivo delivery of gene therapies.
Our Vision: To pave the way to faster, safer, gene editing therapeutics that cure disease and improve patient lives
Life Edit is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Life Edit will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.