Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
Department: Lending Operations
The Loan Recovery Officer will work to ensure the sustainability of Prospa’s lending department as we scale. You will be responsible for monitoring and managing member accounts in the case of defaults. You will employ innovative and effective strategies to, in accordance with legal framework requirements to recover overdue loans.
What You’ll Do
- You will work closely with the loan operations team and the risk and compliance teams to prioritise member accounts and come up with effective solutions to recover loans.
- In this role, you’ll be required to rehabilitate accounts in default by deploying effective and efficient standard recovery practices, in accordance with legal framework requirements.
- You will handle member’s objections and complaints in a professional manner and liaise with respective departments where necessary for prompt resolution.
Your primary responsibilities will include;
- Engage defaulting members through the telephone, e-mails & physical visit to recover payments on defaulted accounts.
- Maintain daily activity logs of number of calls, physical visits, right party contacts, promises to pay and promises to pay kept.
- Verify information of defaulted payments and follow up with a call and physical visit
- Negotiate effective payment plan arrangements & follow up on the progress of payments
- Bachelor’s Degree from any related field
- 2 years of experience in loans operation with a track record of working directly with clients to troubleshoot and problem-solve issues
What you’ll need
- High self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills
- Are a self-starter, take initiative and work collaboratively
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” we’d love to hear from you; apply!