We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for frontend development to join our team creating Wooga’s next-gen games support tools.
In this role, you will be leading the team that develops our live operations management platform. It empowers product managers to operate our games at scale, delivering personalized player experiences through sales, time-limited events, competitions, and many other game features.
- Develop new features for our tools to empower our internal customers to develop and operate their games more efficiently,
- Lead and mentor other engineers, helping them to grow and succeed,
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to guide them on the most efficient approach to solving technical problems,
- Lead technical discussions within the team regarding architecture, UX, and best practices,
- Work closely with our backend engineers to design APIs and features.
- You have strong technical leadership skills,
- You have several years of experience as a software engineer,
- You have experience with writing tests using Jest, Enzyme, or react-testing-library,
- You are familiar with functional programming and the React ecosystem (including hooks),
- You love to share knowledge and believe that collaboration is better for individual achievement,
- You can translate complex product requirements into maintainable technical solutions, and can advise non-technical team members,
- You are passionate about the user experience, creating intuitive and efficient workflows to solve complex problems.
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS services such as Amplify, AppSync, Lambda, DynamoDB, and S3,
- Experience with end to end testing frameworks like Cypress,
- Passion for games.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!