Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues. Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment. Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. Deploy, install, and implement hardware inside and outside of the United States. Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements. Conduct site surveys. Prepares engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages. Organize and direct hardware installations. Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment. Prepare site installation and test reports. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements. Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies. Provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors.
Candidate that poses a strong Hardware Systems Engineering background, AutoCAD and enforced compliance and network engineers to support activities involving latest technology in support of Cloud Operational. Duties will include performing end-to-end network systems engineering, working with vendors and identify new requirements to achieve project needs. Perform higher level network design with Cisco and create Power Space and Cooling (PSC), Build of Material (BOM), Baseline Exception Requirements (BER) and other documents required to procure equipment. Create and design complex network core cabling integration and infrastructure cabling between racks. Provide new configurations and changes to drafter and assure all cabling drawing packages are 100% accurate. Integrated Cisco, HP, Dell, IBM, and many other vendors of equipment. Performed quality assurance on all systems procurement to make sure they pass build standards.
TS/SCI with poly required
- Twenty (20) years experience as a HE analyzing complex hardware systems for solutions is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Perform in-house Drawing Configuration Management. All 2D drawing tasks performed using either ACAD or Visio. All 3D
- Created/maintained development-level drawings and facility layouts.
- Confirmed drawing package accuracy.
- Research new technologies and get technical specifications
- Tracked status to organize documentation deliveries.
- Provided drawing packages to appropriate repositories
- Created custom fabrication component drawings for vendor bid submittals.
- Created automation process for tracking components associated with Floor Plans, Rack Elevations & Cable databases.
- Provide and receive technical specifications to/from vendors that we go through
- Receive and review quotes from vendors and resellers
- Create rack elevations and build documents for vendors
- Update build cable run lists documents and upload for team usage
- Create and provide Cable BOM’s for manufactures and vendors, review quotes for accuracy
- Plan all phases of hardware project to include schedules, budgets, and maturation of technical performance parameters
- Organize and direct teams to address critical system failures that potentially derive from hardware component failure or misconfiguration
- Work closely with system engineering and test engineering to develop and validate hardware portion of test plans, test procedures, throughput models, failure analysis, and risk analysis
- Develop proposals for the project manager to reduce or avoid customer costs in up-front acquisition costs or operational/disposal costs
- Direct the work of other hardware engineers on a project requiring a variety of hardware engineering activities and tasks
- Health & Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Hiring Bonuses
- Referral Recruitment Program