About our internship:
The Edelman Corporate Reputation practice is looking for motivated and enthusiastic candidates to join our 2023 Summer Internship Programme and work alongside our award-winning team. The 8-12 week Summer internship will provide an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, creative, and international environment; a comprehensive introduction to the work of a global communications firm and help you develop a core skill set that will be integral to a future career in communications.
Your contribution to the team:
At Edelman, interns are an integral part of our team, and work closely with our highly experienced consultants to implement strategic campaigns for corporate social responsibility and external and internal stakeholder engagement. Throughout the programme, you will have the opportunity to get stuck into a broad range of campaigns and communications programmes for some of the world’s leading brands, learning how to:
· Help develop creative activations for clients, partnering with other teams within the agency as relevant
· News monitor for clients and write comprehensive summaries to inform their business strategy
· Develop media lists, pitches and build relationships with journalists
· Curate content for social channels and support channel management
· Develop communications and content reports that analyse the success of campaigns
· Draft briefing material for executives
· Identify and evaluate speaking platforms for clients
· Support with research tasks
· Work with junior team members to ensure accurate account administration
We don’t expect you to have all the answers today. This internship is designed to show you every aspect of how a global communications consultancy operates, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience. We are however, looking for candidates who are passionate about pursuing a career in communications and are:
· Curious about current affairs and like to keep on top of the news agenda
· Keen learners, who like trying new things and are open to new challenges
· Team players who are always ready to lend a hand
· Dynamic problem solvers who tackle challenges with a growth mindset
· Organised, self-starters
· Familiar with Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· Familiar with social media platforms – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
What we offer in return:
We are a leading global communications marketing firm helping business and organisations evolve, promote, and protect their brands and reputations. We are independent and family owned, which allows us the freedom to deliver original thinking and invest in our clients.
In the UK, there are more than 600 employees based in our offices in Victoria. We create award-winning creative communication programmes for our clients that include Microsoft, Disney, Nissan, PayPal and FedEx.
We have deep expertise and advise on consumer trends, research, analytics and insights, corporate reputation, health, technology, capital markets, crisis, energy, and government affairs.
About the Corporate Reputation team:
We are London’s leading Corporate Reputation team. We create commercial value by delivering creative communications campaigns and advisory work for companies and brands that operate in the full glare of the public spotlight and whose reputations shape their businesses.
We have capabilities across functions and advise clients on reputation campaigning, integrated media strategy, digital and content production, crisis planning and response, litigation and legal affairs, employee engagement and advocacy, research and analytics, capital markets and government affairs.
The team includes around 90 consultants specialising in all areas of corporate reputation and includes former journalists, senior in-house practitioners, government advisors and industry specialists as well as dedicated sector experts.
We take pride in delivering exceptional work for our clients but, at our core, we are a non-hierarchical team who like to spend time together in and out of the office. We are relentlessly collaborative and supported by leadership who champion and celebrate our collective achievements.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
to view a short video about life at Edelman.