We’re looking for an experienced Head of Operations to join our Operations team.
Reporting to the Founder’s office, this position holder will oversee and manage the daily activities of cross-functional teams to implement efficient operational processes, policies and standards that ensure all business systems are running smoothly.
Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
What you’ll do
- Provide the operational team with the leadership and resources they need to complete operations initiatives successfully.
- Develop, implement and review all operational policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure that they meet required standards and recommend changes as needed.
- Collaborate with team leads to implement efficient processes and standards, and coordinate service operations across all teams.
- Ensure each team has clear KPIs and metrics, and activity is tracked, reported, and analyzed to drive optimization while identifying trends and opportunities, and understanding risks.
- Compliance - Ensure all related regulatory laws/guidelines and company policies are communicated from management to every department in the company.
- Work with human resources (HR) to ensure that recruitment and retention policies and processes are effective.
- Collaborate with company executives on the business and growth strategies, as well as creating policies to implement them.
- Collaborate with the finance department on all operational expenses and budgets to ensure that the company optimizes costs and benefits and has all the resources it needs to meet its objectives within agreed-upon financial parameters.
- Assessing risk and directing quality assurance efforts
- Build relationships and coordinate with external partners, customers, vendors, agencies and other shareholders.
What you’ll need
- 8+ years of operations experience; with 5+ years proven experience as Head of operations, Operations director or similar leadership role.
- 35+ years and above
- A Bachelor’s or (preferably) Master’s degree from a reputable educational institution in a relevant field.
- Familiarity with all business functions including but not limited to HR, finance, and IT
- Proven experience working in a fintech start-up or banking & finance environment.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic business plans.
- Ability to fully understand our products, a broad yet intricate knowledge of the business and our target audience.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to conceptualize issues and synthesize data to provide strategic direction and execution
- Experience with implementing IT systems and knowledge of data analytics and reporting
Problem-solving aptitude, ability to multitask, be proactive and prioritize tasks as needed.
- Strong understanding of compliance, MFB laws and regulations and fintech trends
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and creative problem solving skills.
- High performance and strategic growth mindset at the forefront of everything you do.
Good to have:
- Experience working in an agile business structure
- Certification in Project management and familiarity with project management tools
- Strong understanding of corporate finance policies and best management practices.
Here’s just some of our perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities