As the Head of Lending Product, you will be responsible for delivering the strategic agenda for Prospa’s lending products. You will drive sustainable growth of Prospa’s lending products, acquisition of new members and increased value for current members. The ideal candidate is innovative, a great leader and passionate about Prospa’s mission.
Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
What You’ll Do
- Manage loan product portfolio
- Manage all aspects of the loan product lifecycle from strategy and conceptualization to product rollout and further iterations.
- Measure impact of loan products delivered, using data to back up insights
- Regular reporting on performance of loan products
- Define and monitor product roadmap, achieve quarterly OKRs and team KPIs, based on the company’s objectives
- Define product strategy, working closely with key stakeholders to design solutions to achieve this
- Regularly conduct product and market research to identify member needs, opportunities for product performance improvement and new product development
- Regularly review member feedback to discover opportunities for the business
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to deliver product development
- Monitor product performance to manage sustainable and profitable growth for the business, whilst ensuring member satisfaction
- Provide leadership for loan department personnel, working closely with the team to manage all aspects of loan operations
- Provide suggestions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of loan operations
- A Bachelor’s degree in any related field
- Professional qualifications will be an added advantage (e.g. Prince II, APM, Scrum)
- A minimum of 5 years in a product-facing role, with at least 3-4 of these in the financial services industry
What You’ll Need
- A strong understanding of the Banking industry (understanding of the Nigerian-specific context is a plus)
- A good understanding of risk, underwriting and credit policies
- Proven ability to create and execute strategic product strategies
- Excellent project management skills (experience working with agile methodologies is a plus)
- Be very comfortable using data to influence decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive stakeholder engagement
- Technical knowledge, with an understanding of software development
Here’s just some of our perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Cover
- Paid Time Off (Leave Days)
- Work Tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities