Project Canary is the leading provider of on-demand climate insights for emission-intensive companies. Our company provides operational insights, emissions data, and Verified Climate Attributes™ to decarbonize energy systems by integrating sensor data with real-time portal and in-depth data analytics. We are the leaders of independently verified climate credentials that support investment, safety, reporting, and disclosure actions.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical emissions data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a category leader in the continuous monitoring space. Through a mission driven approach Project Canary uses dynamic means for cross team collaboration to achieve our very best for our planet and people alike. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Series A of $10M in 2021
- Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6 & ranked in the top 5% in 2 categories
- 2022 Best Company to Work For by both the Denver Business Journal and the Denver Post
- Headcount growth by 3X in 2022 and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work and are eager to collaborate, we want to hear from you.
Project Canary is seeking an experienced Hardware Engineering Manager to join our team in Denver, CO.
The Hardware Engineering Manager will lead a team of Hardware and Firmware Engineers on current and next generation product development.
- Lead a multi-functional team of 6+ hardware and firmware engineers, ensuring all tasks are identified, executed, and completed
- Run multiple small to medium sized projects simultaneously
- Responsible for coordinating schedules and ensuring sufficient resources to meet deadlines, while maintaining successful budget execution.
- Personnel and Team Development: Developing and maintaining a team who are able to Develop, Integrate, and Verify Requirements
- Identify, Manage, and Mitigate Risk, and successfully integrate test campaigns that meet program objectives.
- Providing clear communication to both internal and external team members as well as executive management
- Develop, implement, and tailor systems engineering processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field required; MBA or other Master’s degree is preferred but not required
- 6+ years' experience in hardware engineering
- 4+ years experience in PCB layout
- 3+ years' experience managing a team
- Experience working with IoT devices
- Experience working with firmware engineering teams, firmware engineering experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of board-level electronics and electrical systems
- Demonstrated systems engineering full lifecycle experience
- Strong team collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships
- Excellent technical writing, forecasting, and budgeting skills
- Ability to maintain process discipline in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience as both a technical leader and individual contributor in systems integration (player coach)
- Strong project management skills, certification(s) preferred but not required
- Salary range: $150,000-$175,000 annual base
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice monthly stipend – choice between parking/public transportation, wellness assistance, or a combo
- Hybrid work environment
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.