DIRECTOR, PATIENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com
The Director, Patient Support Services is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Day One’s patient support programs and should be the ultimate patient champion focusing on delivering the best possible patient experience for Day One’s first commercialized product in pLGG (pediatric low grade glioma). This role will manage Day One’s third-party patient services vendors, collaborate with cross functional partners to find appropriate access solutions for patients.
This position has the potential to be fully remote. Travel will be required for in person meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· This role will report to the Sr Director, Reimbursement & Patient Access
· Responsible for the implementation and execution of patient support services to ensure timely product access to appropriate patients
· Responsible for developing and monitoring program performance metrics to ensure patient support services are provided effectively and reflect high touch, personalized customer support that aligns with the brand strategy
· Understand and analyze program data to effectively communicate key performance indicators across functional areas in the commercial organization (senior management, field teams, marketing, market access)
· Collaborate with internal data management partners to develop and maintain accurate program level data processing
· Coordinate and lead cross-functional / vendor meetings to gain insights on program status and develop project plan updates including management of an action log for each vendor
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders and agency partners to develop and maintain reimbursement marketing promotional materials, communication tools, and website assets for Day One patient support services
· Coordinate and manage the MLR process for all reimbursement marketing promotional materials
· Collaborate with Marketing, Training, Legal, Regulatory, Sales, and the Market Access field teams to ensure optimal execution of patient access and reimbursement strategy
· Manage activities of the patient support program vendor to ensure the scope, quality and cost are within budget and in compliance with Day One’s policies and OIG guidelines
· A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of children with cancer
· B.A./B.S. degree or higher, with minimum 10+ years’ experience managing patient support services within the biotech industry or HUB call center / operations
· Launch experience is a must. Oncology or rare disease experience is preferred
· Knowledge and experience in Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer policies, reimbursement processes, health policy, coverage, payment, coding, and Specialty Pharmacy processes
· Track record of successfully managing vendor relationships
· In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance requirements, patient confidentiality (HIPAA regulations), product reimbursement and product access
· Excellent communication skills with stakeholders at all levels of the organization; possessing a persuasive and credible presentation style
· Self-starter, detail-oriented, organized; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency
· Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $210,000 - $225,000. Day One Bio considers a range of factors when determining base compensation. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Day One is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.