Who We Are
Vial's vision is to empower scientists to cure all human disease. Vial was founded on a mission to
reimagine clinical trials and deliver faster and more efficient trials for sponsors. Through our end to end technology platform, we are delivering on a generational opportunity to make trials radically more efficient.
Vial’s co-founders (Simon Burns and Andrew Brackin) were early team members at $1B+ startups Robinhood, Opendoor and Newfront. Our early team is made up of experienced technology and operations leaders from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Faire, Chime and other leading technology companies.
Vial was founded in Oct 2020 and has grown the team to over 100 across the business. Come join us on our adventure to reimagine clinical trials.
What you’ll do
In this Director of Operations role, you will help scaling the operations of clinical trials at Vial. You will build and lead a Project Management Team. You will coordinate all aspects of managing the clinical research trials including bringing the trials to completion on time and within budget.
What We’re Looking For
- Entrepreneurial mindset, experience in a startup environment and leading a team of operators
- Ability to evaluate situations, make sound decisions and quickly shift priorities as needed
- Experience with building and maintaining client and vendor relationships
- Serve as primary contact for biotech companies on operational and clinical trial deliverable issues
- Develop operational project plans for each trial and ensure teams deliver on expectations
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the projects
- Manage and mentor project management team
- Provide projections, forecasts and project updates to executive team
- Track and manage clinical trial budgets
- Coordinate with business development on RFPs
- Review Sponsor and Vendor master service agreements and work orders
- Continuously evaluates process improvements, implements new or updated procedures to create efficiencies and best practices for managing the clinical trials
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of work experience in business operations, investment banking, or strategy consulting; preferably in the healthcare and/or technology sectors
- Ability to move fast, and manage the multiple simultaneous workstreams common in a startup environment
- Deeply analytical and experience working in tooling to support operations
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
We are innately curious. We found our calling in clinical trials after learning the pain points directly. It is our curiosity that propels us to keep building, finding new challenges, and fulfilling our vision of reimagining clinical trials.
We believe in autonomy. Team members do their best work when given autonomy. In order to make an impact on the scale of the Vial vision, we built our culture to enable each Vial team member to feel ownership of their domain.
We take pride in building mastery. We believe in building master in a craft. Craftsmanship, a pride in one’s craft, is key to prolonged engagement on a difficult challenge. Vial’s culture is one of highly autonomous, deeply focused experts working on an immensely hard problem together.
Our strength is moving fast and staying humble. We believe that if we build a team that is intellectually honest, that we stay nimble and keep an open mind to all solutions - we’ll be adaptive and solve the problems that face us at every turn.
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental, and Vision
Paid Parental Leave