Prospa is building the operating system for 40m Nigerian entrepreneurs. With our mobile app business owners can open a business bank account in 5 minutes and get powerful tools to run a business (Invoicing, CRM, Inventory, e-commerce +More).
Prospa is backed by Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures. Immad Akhund CEO of Mercury, Karim Atiyeh CTO of Ramp, executives from Square, Facebook, and Nubank and many other well respected angels and funds.
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Growth
Work Style: Onsite
We are seeking to hire a Head of Customer Service (Retention) to lead a fast growing Retention Team reporting directly to the Head of Growth. The ideal candidate will be working in a high pressured, fast paced environment, overseeing the day to day retention roadmap in order to retain customers, maximize volumes and improve margins. This is a hands-on role that requires the candidate to work both analytically and strategically. The successful candidate will be data-driven, have outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, possess a broad understanding of sales, channels, and business operations within the Fintech or Finance space.
We are looking for someone who is able to create and realize solutions through analysis and strategic planning, to devise new customer offers across the customer base. The person will devise new competitive and commercially viable offers to acquire and retain customers.
Head of Customer Service (Retention) Job Duties
- Creating a plan to retain existing customers by identifying their needs and concerns, then communicating with them regularly about relevant company news and events
- Monitoring customer feedback and satisfaction levels, and conducting research on current market trends to identify potential opportunities for growth
- Driving the team members to grow the portfolio of their customers and to also achieve financial targets.
- Developing training programs and policies to help team members engage more effectively with customers.
- Analyzing data to determine which strategies are most effective in retaining customers over time
- Monitoring competitors’ activities and industry trends to identify potential threats to the business
- Working with sales staff to identify potential customers that could be turned into long-term clients
- Meeting with customers when required to discuss their concerns and improve their overall satisfaction with the company’s products or services
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers by following up on leads generated by sales staff or other employees
- Set weekly and monthly targets and monitor the performance of team members.
Requirements for the role:
- Proven track record of managing a sales team focused on maintaining client relationships and increasing revenue.
- Superior team management, coaching, people development, and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data in the decision making process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Set weekly and monthly sales targets and monitor the performance of the Retention team.
- Exceptional time management skills displaying ability to manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive/C-level.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed.
- Candidate with leadership experience as a relationship manager in a financial institution will an added advantage
- Extensive experience in leading, managing and scaling a large team of relationship/account managers in a financial institution.
- Must be a Nigerian
- Required to work onsite
5+ years experience as a Relationship Manager 3+ years as a Branch manager in the banking or financial services industry.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter online on or before 20tht September 2022.