Orion Innovation is looking for an Android Developer.
Our client is at the forefront of driving change in transportation industries. We provide innovative, cloud-native technology that allows for greater connectivity between vehicles and control systems. They succeed in a competitive arena with efficient, integrated solutions. Vehicles are always in motion, and our data moves just as fast as they do.
The most important thing in this full-time job is that you'll be developing a mobile app with location-based, maps and navigation functionality
What you can expect from us:
- You will join Android development community at Orion Hi-Tech. The typical projects are in the areas of industrial automation, Internet of Things, transportation, healthcare and other emerging industries.
- You will be able to practice in modern technologies and methodologies and to grow professionally, and will work closely with Orion mobile technology group.
- The first specific project is with the most utilized and technologically advanced weigh station bypass platform in North America.
- You will be a part of the team to develop a new native Android application from scratch. The app is intended to save fleets time, fuel, and money and to help improving highway safety. You will have an opportunity to practice in architecture design, from scratch development and cutting-edge technologies.
- This is a long-term opportunity (there is a sizeable backlog of features to implement).
- 5+ years Android application development experience
- Programming languages: Kotlin
- Frameworks: Android Architecture Components, Maps SDK or any others
- English: ability to read and write documentation, attend meetings
It is nice to have:
- Experience with location-based services in Android
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack Compose
If you feel like a good fit, don't hesitate to apply or contact us!